ETA Caliber 2892-A2
|Diameter||11 1/2”’ (25.60mm)|
|Power Reserve||42 hours|
|Lift Angle||51 degrees|
|Vibrations Per Hour||28,800 (4 Hz)
|Rotor||Ball bearing system|
|Features||Hours, minutes, central seconds, date|
|Country of Manufacture||Switzerland|
|Known Models||Too many to list… (add yours in the comments below)|
The ETA 2892-A2 is based on the original ETA caliber 2892 automatic watch movement.
Accuracy of the ETA caliber 2892-A2 can range from as much as +/-20 seconds per day to just +/-5 seconds/day. The accuracy that your watch experiences depends on the grade that the watch manufacturer chose to power their watches.
Similar to other ETA movements, there are 3 grades of production quality.
- Elaborated Grade – Adjusted to four positions / average accuracy of +/-5 sec/day to +/-20 sec/day.
- Top Grade – Adjusted to five positions / average accuracy of +/-4 sec/day to +/-15 sec/day.
- Chronometer (COSC) Grade – Adjusted to five positions / average accuracy of -4/+6 sec/day.
The key components which differ at the line of demarcation between Elaborated and Top are the pallet stones, balance wheel & hairspring, and the regulator mechanism. The degree of decoration on the movement’s parts also increases with the grade. –Source
Examples of watches with this caliber
- Official 2892-A2 tech sheet here
- Shop watches with 2892-A2 here
Please share your experiences and thoughts about the ETA caliber 2892-A2 in the comments below…