Notifications
Clear all

Please credit the source of your images if they are not taken by you. It sucks when people steal images from Caliber Corner, especially when they crop the watermark and don't mention the site. So let's not allow this community to get into the bad habit of "borrowing" (aka stealing) images from the web without giving credit where it is due. When you see Caliber Corner images on other sites without linking back, please call them out!

[Solved] Seiko 0903 5019

8 Posts
4 Users
0 Reactions
tonydb
Topic Starter 1 month ago

Hi All,

I'm just beginning to tinker with watches aiming to fixing my Seiko one day. But now is research time.

I got this watch as a gift in 1976 and stopped wearing it some years later. It was still running then but stopped after being in a drawer. I've been told it is not fixable which I find hard to believe and want to at least have a play with it myself.

I understand that the caliber is 0903 but can't find a match on this site.

Has anyone got some advice for me, please?

I asked the last watchmaker to leave it unassembled as can be seen in the photo.

1723589570-20240429_112407.jpg

CJDUDHF
Eminent Member
1 month ago

Is the coil broken? Or the gear train needs some lubrication?

Rodders
Eminent Member
1 month ago

could be any number of things, but i would say it probably will need cleaning and lubrication on top of whatever it has wrong with it, you could probably get a donor movement from ebay to trial and error the parts. the coil you could do a continuity test.

it looks pretty clean/ has no dead battery juice.

Rodders
Eminent Member
CJDUDHF
Eminent Member
1 month ago

Posted by: Rodders

could be any number of things, but i would say it probably will need cleaning and lubrication on top of whatever it has wrong with it, you could probably get a donor movement from ebay to trial and error the parts. the coil you could do a continuity test.

it looks pretty clean/ has no dead battery juice.

I was shocked because this movement have 3 languages on the day-disk, common one should be 2.

tonydb
Topic Starter 1 month ago

Thanks Rodders for the manual.

I'll be working thru the tests and servicing in the next few weeks as I equip my workspace.

I've got a list of kit I want get, preferably used and cheaper than new, from some youtube videos.

pamoh
Trusted Member
1 month ago

It is fun to play but realistically that is an inexpensive movement.  

Rodders
Eminent Member
1 month ago

Posted by: pamoh

It is fun to play but realistically that is an inexpensive movement.  

i myself have worked on inexpensive movements purely for the sentimental value, in fact that was what started me on my watchmaking jorney

Seagull Caliber St19

Join our mission to spread movement awareness!

Recent Forum Posts