Notifications
Clear all

Please credit the source of your images if they are not taken by you. It sucks when people steal images from Caliber Corner, especially when they crop the watermark and don't mention the site. So let's not allow this community to get into the bad habit of "borrowing" (aka stealing) images from the web without giving credit where it is due. When you see Caliber Corner images on other sites without linking back, please call them out!

Blancpain 1315

6 Posts
3 Users
1 Reactions
SOGDIVER
Topic Starter 3 weeks ago

The Blancpain 1315 caliber  is in many of their FiftyFathoms references. It comes with 3 barrels, 18 K gold rotor, Parachrome-styled mainspring, 5-day power reserve, force-field resistant case,  and startling accuracy. 

For a dedicated dive watch, the FiftyFathoms references bring much to the horology table other than an undersea pressure tolerance to 300 meters/1000 feet. By startling accuracy, the 1315 3-barrel movement is capable of producing accuracy levels over time greater than COSC chronometer standards.

Yes, that has been confirmed. The 1315 BP caliber produces accuracy in some cases bordering -0+ loss or gain in seconds through a stated period. A wrist mounted atomic time clock? Not quite, but easily meeting the  C.O.S.C. Swiss standard though the references are not certified chronometers.

Blancpain could take between 1-10 FiftyFathoms Titanium  5010-12B40 watches to the Swiss COSC and get them certified  as chronometers-then announce truthfully that all of their watches with the 1315 movement meet the Swiss chronometer standard. They could'nt mark the dials as chronometers like Rolex does, but they could truthfully state the fact in their advertising.  Something to reflect on when comparing calibers.

As a diver, I find this intriguing when paired against my three Rolex Submariner references with 3130,3135, and 1560 Rolex in-house caliber movements. Two of those Submariner calibers are "Superlative Chronometers-Officially Certified".  Perhaps the BP 1315 is just a very close to Superlative Chronometer caliber  that is under-appreciated.

pamoh
Trusted Member
3 weeks ago

Thanks for sharing.  Any pictures of the watch/movement?

SOGDIVER

Except the open sapphire case back on the FiftyFathoms references, there are precious few 1315 internal views.

SOGDIVER

That being said, there are excellent photos by Hodinkee also featuring good review articles. WatchTime and the WatchPro site also have BP FiftyFathoms/caliber 1315 photos.

SOGDIVER

And then there is the Blancpain caliber 13P8, which is featured in Caliber Corner's caliber collection.. The 13P8 is a 1315 movement, slightly refined and found on the BP Gombessa Tech FiftyFathom references. These specialized FiftyFathom  dive references have a special dive time complication as well as a helium gas escape valve ala the Rolex Sea Dweller.

The 1315 caliber by Blancpain reflects the chronometer grade accuracy plus+ that well-designed  automatic watch calibers  may obtain through cutting edge horological engineering.

CharlesN
2 weeks ago

I am lucky enough to have currently and have owned in the past a few Blancpain watches with 1315 movements.

I am a fanatic when it comes to both Precision and accuracy of a watch. I am far far more demanding than C.O.S.C requirements.

I allow a cumulative error   of less than 1 second overall, that does not matter if its in one day or over several months.

this is very simple to do when a watch is so well manufactured and of high quality.

For example the watch I am wearing right now is a BlancPain Fifty Fathoms 42.3mm Titanium case and bracelet blue Dial and Bezel model reference number … 5010 12B40 98S

I have been wearing this watch since May second 2024 that’s approximately one month after its official launch.
The cumulative total of error this morning was +0.6 seconds.

I am no mathematician but that seems to be an average daily error of +0.0005 seconds per day.

During the 122 days of daily wearing and night resting off my wrist I have been in different climates from below zero to above 30 decrees C.  I have worn the watch both in and out of water and it has been used as a backup watch in several dives the latest of which was yesterday.

in none of the environments did the watch seem to struggle or loose any of its accuracy and / or percision.

The simple 1315 movement comes as close to perfection every time it seems 

The Tech Gombessa (Act 2) and even the X-Fathoms both have the base of tthe 1315 but are far more complex and both of those are exemplary as well  as they have also been placed on Wits hi Chronoscope and measured to the nth degree.

Seagull Caliber St19

Join our mission to spread movement awareness!

Recent Forum Posts