Notifications
Clear all

Junghans Mega Solar capacitors type 018/1721

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Reactions
MegaSolarMan
Topic Starter 3 months ago

Does anyone here have any knowledge about what capacitor is used in the Junghans Mega Solar watches and where they are obtained. I have been trying to get Junghans to respond to me but they don't seem at all interested in even acknowledging my email to their support or service dept.

pamoh
Trusted Member
3 months ago

Hi, the information that was published by Junghans in Stuttgarter Zeitung:

the batery pack lasts 15 years with the given performance

• 3 monts running w/o light, and
  • 3 years of keeping time in "energy save" modus.

After 15 years these 2 parameters will have lower values, but using the watch in everyday life, with sun light, shall charge it enough to have it full functional .

I hope it helps

admin
3 months ago

Posted by: pamoh

the batery pack lasts 15 years with the given performance

Thanks for sharing, pamoh!

The problem is that once a capacitor is drained, it typically needs replaced. That is why it is important to keep a kinetic or solar-powered watch continuously charged, even when not wearing it. Would be interesting to know what habits the OP has in terms of energy accumulating and storing. Also the time frame that it stopped working, etc.

If it's within their quantitative marketing claims, then perhaps they will swap the capacitor at no charge, or at least at a discount. They likely won't provide the part number because it's either a proprietary battery/tab configuration, or they simply want folks to pay for an official service. Either way, they should acknowledge your email as a customer of their brand. Let's give them the benefit of the doubt and assume it went to spam, just keep sending it or find another method to reach out to them. Also, be prepared that they will probably not provide information about the battery/capacitor.

admin
3 months ago

By the way, if you have a model 018/1721 watch in your possession and access to the movement, all that is needed to complete the caliber listing is some high quality images. If you want to donate some, please do so here. A pic of both sides of the capacitor would help as well.

Seagull Caliber St19

Join our mission to spread movement awareness!

Recent Forum Posts