Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] ST16 Big Date (TY2871) Dimension Sheet

6 Posts
2 Users
1 Reactions
SCDoc8
Topic Starter 6 days ago

I searched the forums here and a brief look on Seagull's site and a google search. I cannot seem to find the measurements for this variant of the ST16. It is commonly sold at CousinsUK and a few other places. I am designing my own dials, but need exact measurements of the complications and dimensions. Any idea where I could find this?

1726187002-s-l1600-2.jpg

SCDoc8
Topic Starter 6 days ago

Here is an example of a watch using this movement, if this helps.

1726187053-imagejpeg97978c4c8258d8cef639caaeebb66967.jpeg

admin
6 days ago

Hi SCDoc8, got the caliber listing up for the Seagull TY2871 here. You are correct that it is based on the ST16, which is based on the Miyota 82XX. That means the diameter should be the same 26mm, but that doesn't help with complication position and dimensions.

Worst case is you may have to buy a watch with the same movement and use its dial for date and subdial measurements.

Sea-Gull movements are never easy find in-depth information about. Perhaps you can get your movement supplier to provide technical drawings - how do these sellers expect to sell large quantities of movements if the customers are unable to design for them. If you obtain any official drawings, please share them here.

SCDoc8
Topic Starter 5 days ago

Emailed Seagull and received a link to a page that has a lot of caliber info including pdf to dimensions. So far not the one I need but  I thought everyone would benefit from the info. 

http://m.tjseagull.com/pr.jsp?mid=315&groupId=5

admin
5 days ago

Thank you for sharing. Also have that link, but it is so limited. They should provide info for all of their movements.

The ST16S5 does look like it could work for the TY-2871. Did you buy any chance ask them if the subdial/calendar dimensions in that drawing are the same for both movements?

SCDoc8
Topic Starter 5 days ago

Posted by: calibercorner

Thank you for sharing. Also have that link, but it is so limited. They should provide info for all of their movements.

The ST16S5 does look like it could work for the TY-2871. Did you buy any chance ask them if the subdial/calendar dimensions in that drawing are the same for both movements?

I did reply to their email that sent me the link about the ST1661 since it wasn't on the list, we will see if they reply. I took cailbercorner's advice and bought a watch using that movement and will take a detailed picture next to a ruler and extrapolate the measurements.

Seagull Caliber St19

Join our mission to spread movement awareness!

Recent Forum Posts